Park Aesthetics is a Med Spa in Savannah, Georgia, that offers lip filler. To speak to an expert and have a full facial assessment, book your complimentary consult today.
What are Lip Fillers and Injections?
Lip fillers and injections are a cosmetic procedure that involves injecting a substance into the lips to enhance their shape and fullness. These substances, known as dermal fillers, can be made from a variety of ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, and poly-L-lactic acid. Lip fillers/injections are a popular way to improve the appearance of the lips and give them a more youthful look. They can be used to add volume and definition to the lips, smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, and enhance the overall appearance of the mouth. The results of lip fillers/injections are typically temporary and last for several months, depending on the type of filler used and the individual’s body metabolism.
Benefits of Lip Fillers and Injections
Lip fillers/injections offer a number of benefits for those looking to improve the appearance of their lips. Some of the benefits include:
- Enhancing the shape and fullness of the lips: Lip fillers/injections can add volume and definition to the lips, giving them a plumper and more youthful appearance.
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles: Lip fillers/injections can smooth out fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, giving the lips a more smooth and defined appearance.
- Providing a more youthful appearance: Lip fillers/injections can help restore volume and fullness to the lips, giving them a more youthful appearance.
- Non-surgical: Lip fillers/injections are a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that requires little downtime, making them a convenient and less invasive option for those looking to improve the appearance of their lips.
- Long-lasting results: The results of lip fillers/injections can last for several months, depending on the type of filler used and the individual’s body metabolism. This can provide a long-lasting improvement to the appearance of the lips.
Types of Lip Fillers and Injections
There are several types of lip fillers/injections available, each made from different ingredients and providing different duration of results. Here are some of the most common types:
Hyaluronic acid fillers:
These fillers are made from a substance that is naturally found in the body, and are designed to add volume and hydration to the lips. Hyaluronic acid fillers typically last for about six to nine months.
The Lip Fillers and Injections Procedure
What to Do Prior to Treatment
We recommend staying away from NSAIDS like ibuprofen and aspirin at 72 hours before your service. We also recommend avoiding alcohol consumption 24 hours prior to your appointment. Wearing makeup to your appointment is also not necessary! See our video below for a list of these recommendations!
What to Expect During the Treatment
The lip filler/injection procedure is typically performed by a qualified and experienced provider, such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. The procedure typically takes about 30 minutes to an hour, and is performed with the use of a local anesthetic to minimize discomfort.
The Recovery Process
After the procedure, the provider may apply an ice pack to the lips to help reduce swelling and discomfort. The lips may feel swollen and tender for a few days after the procedure, but this should resolve on its own.
It is important to follow the provider’s instructions for aftercare, including avoiding strenuous activity and exposing the lips to the sun for a period of time. Most people are able to return to their normal activities within a day or two of the procedure.
Possible Side Effects
The results of lip fillers/injections are typically visible immediately, and will continue to improve as any swelling subsides. The results are typically temporary, lasting for several months depending on the type of filler used and the individual’s body metabolism.
Choosing a Provider for Lip Fillers and Injections
Tips for Finding a Qualified and Experienced Provider
It is important to choose a qualified and experienced provider for lip filler/injection treatments to ensure the best possible results and minimize the risk of complications. Here are some tips for finding a provider:
- Look for a provider with specialized training and experience in cosmetic procedures, such as a registered nurse, dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
- Check the provider’s credentials, including their medical license and any certifications or memberships in professional organizations.
- Look for reviews and testimonials from previous patients to get an idea of the provider’s reputation and the quality of their work.
- Ask about the provider’s experience with the specific type of lip filler/injection you are considering.
- Discuss your goals and expectations with the provider to ensure they are realistic and can be achieved with the chosen treatment.
By following these tips, you can find a qualified and experienced provider who can help you achieve the best possible results with lip filler/injection treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lip Fillers and Injections
How Long Do the Results Last?
The results of lip fillers/injections typically last for several months, depending on the type of filler used and the individual’s body metabolism. Hyaluronic acid fillers typically last for about six to nine months, while calcium hydroxylapatite and poly-L-lactic acid fillers typically last for about nine to 12 months.
How Much Do Lip Fillers and Injections Cost?
The cost of fillers and injectables can vary for patients depending on their individual needs. Each procedure area, such as lips, cheeks, and jawlines or hands, comes with different costs, length of treatments, and number of sessions.
Since most cosmetic procedures are not medically necessary, health insurance companies often will not cover the costs.
During your consultation, we will discuss your aesthetic objectives in order to establish a specific treatment plan, and we will also decide the cost of your procedure at that time. If you’d like to examine your financing alternatives, we would be pleased to assist you.
Are Lip Fillers and Injections Painful?
The lip filler/injection procedure is typically performed with the use of a local anesthetic to minimize discomfort. Some people may experience slight discomfort or a stinging sensation during the procedure, but this should be minimal and temporary. Most people find the procedure to be well-tolerated.
Does it look natural?
Depending on the type of filler used, results can look very natural. In experienced hands, fillers can provide a subtle, refreshed appearance, as well as improve the contours of the face. To achieve the most natural look, it is important to choose an experienced and qualified practitioner who has a comprehensive understanding of the anatomy and skill to carefully place the product. Additionally, a quality dermal filler with a proven track record and safety profile should be used. With the combination of a qualified practitioner and quality filler, natural-looking results can certainly be achieved, and unlike cosmetic surgery there is often little to no downtime.
Should I get lip fillers or would cosmetic surgery be a better option?
Lip fillers/injections and cosmetic surgery are both options for improving the appearance of the lips, but they differ in several key ways. Lip fillers/injections are a non-surgical option that involves injecting a substance into the lips to add volume and definition. They are generally less invasive and have a shorter recovery time than cosmetic surgery.
Cosmetic surgery, on the other hand, involves more extensive procedures that may require general anesthesia and a longer recovery time. Examples of cosmetic surgery procedures that can enhance the appearance of the lips include lip augmentation and lip lift surgery.
Which option is best for you will depend on your individual goals and needs. It is important to discuss your options with a qualified and experienced provider to determine the best course of treatment. Factors to consider include the desired outcome, the recovery time, the costs involved, and any potential risks or complications.
Lip Fillers and Injections Pre and Post Care
After getting lip fillers, it is important to take proper care of your lips to ensure the best possible results. Here are some tips for post-treatment care:
- Avoid excessive movement or massage of the treated area, unless advised otherwise by your provider.
- For the first 24 hours after treatment, avoid heavy exertion.
- For the first 72 hours after treatment, avoid direct sunlight or heat exposure.
- To minimize swelling and bruising, avoid drinking excessive amounts of alcohol or salt.
- If you experience swelling, use a cold compress for 15 minutes every hour.
- For pain, use over-the-counter pain medication such as Tylenol.
- To help reduce swelling, try sleeping face up with your head slightly elevated.
- Consider taking Arnica at least two days before your lip filler treatment to help minimize bruising and swelling.
By following these post-treatment care tips, you can help extend the results of your lip filler treatment and minimize any potential side effects or complications.
November 30, 2022