It offers to deliver longer-lasting benefits than other injectables on the market. We’re certainly intrigued! 👀
What is Daxxify and how does it work?
For injectable enthusiasts, one of the downsides of neuromodulators – such as Botox, Dysport, and Jeuveau – is that the results don’t last as long as many would like. That’s where Daxxify comes in. On Thursday, September 8, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Daxxify, a new aesthetic injection that is designed to temporarily treat frown lines for longer than its competitors.
Daxxify, also known as daxibotulinumtoxinA-lanm, contains a peptide exchange technology that delivers the botulinum toxin to the nerve cells in order to relax the muscles that cause frown lines. It works similarly to other neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport, and Jeuveau, by blocking the nerve signals that cause muscles to contract and reducing the appearance of expression lines.
One of the key differentiators for Daxxify is its impressive staying power. While other neuromodulators typically last for three to four months, Daxxify has been shown to sustain for up to six months and has even worked for up to nine months in some patients. This longer duration of effectiveness was established in phase 3 clinical trials, which included 2,700 patients and 4,200 treatments. The studies showed that a single injection of Daxxify had a powerful and lasting effect on wrinkles.
Daxxify offers many of the same benefits as traditional neuromodulators, but with the added potential for longer-lasting results and fewer side effects. It’s a game-changer in the world of aesthetics, and we can’t wait to offer it to our patients at Park Aesthetics.
How Daxxify is different from Botox
If you’re considering Daxxify as a treatment option, you may be wondering how it compares to other neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport, and Jeuveau. Here’s a breakdown of some key differences between Daxxify and these other treatments:
- Duration of effectiveness: One of the biggest differences between Daxxify and other neuromodulators is the duration of effectiveness. While Botox, Dysport, and Jeuveau typically last for three months, Daxxify has been shown to sustain for up to six months and has even worked for up to nine months in some patients. This longer duration of effectiveness was established in phase 3 clinical trials, which included 2,700 patients and 4,200 treatments.
- Technology: Daxxify is based on peptide exchange technology, which uses a synthetic version of a naturally occurring peptide called RT001. This technology has been shown to relax muscles without causing paralysis, potentially reducing the risk of side effects such as drooping or unevenness. Other neuromodulators, such as Botox and Dysport, work by blocking the nerve signals that cause muscles to contract.
- Indications: Daxxify is currently FDA-approved to treat moderate to severe frown lines, also known as glabellar lines. Other neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport, and Jeuveau have a wider range of indications and can be used to treat a variety of facial wrinkles and lines.
Overall, Daxxify is a promising new alternative to traditional neuromodulators that offers many of the same benefits with the added potential for longer-lasting results and fewer side effects.
Is Daxxify better than Botox?
When it comes to choosing between Daxxify and other neuromodulators such as Botox, it’s important to keep in mind that there is no one-size-fits-all answer. It ultimately comes down to your individual preferences and goals.
If you’re happy with your current neuromodulator and don’t want to switch, there’s no need to change. However, if you’re looking for longer-lasting results, Daxxify may be a good option to consider.
On the other hand, if you’re new to neuromodulators and want to try one out, we suggest starting with something like Botox first to ensure you like the benefits before committing to something like Daxxify.
It’s also worth noting that comparing injectable formulations can be tricky and subjective, as everyone has different preferences, budgets, and sensitivities to ingredients. Ultimately, it’s important to discuss all of your treatment options with a qualified provider to determine the best course of action for you.
Are there any risks or side effects to Daxxify?
As with any medical treatment, it’s important to be aware of the potential risks and side effects of Daxxify. Here’s what you should know about the safety profile of this injectable treatment:
- FDA approval: Daxxify has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a safe and effective treatment for moderate to severe frown lines. This approval is based on clinical trial data that demonstrated its effectiveness and safety profile.
- Side effects: The most common side effects of Daxxify are mild and typically resolve within a few days. These may include swelling, redness, or bruising at the injection site. In rare cases, more serious side effects such as allergic reactions or infection may occur, but these are rare and can be managed with appropriate medical care.
- Contraindications: As with any injectable treatment, Daxxify is not suitable for everyone. It should not be used in individuals who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or in individuals with a history of severe allergies or hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in Daxxify. It is also not recommended for individuals with certain neurological conditions or for those who are taking certain medications.
Overall, Daxxify has a good safety profile and has been shown to be effective and well-tolerated in clinical trials. However, as with any medical treatment, it’s important to discuss the potential risks and side effects with your provider before deciding if it is right for you.
What will it cost?
If you’re considering Daxxify as a treatment option, you may be wondering about the cost of injections. While the cost of Daxxify can vary depending on the specific treatment area and the number of injections needed, it is generally more expensive than other neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport, and Jeuveau.
It’s worth noting that insurance may not cover the cost of Daxxify injections, as they are considered a cosmetic treatment. However, many aesthetic practices offer financing options or payment plans to help make the treatment more affordable.
It’s important to keep in mind that the cost of Daxxify injections is just one factor to consider when deciding on a treatment. It’s also important to consider the effectiveness and safety of the treatment, as well as your individual goals and preferences.
Overall, it’s a good idea to discuss the cost of Daxxify injections with your provider and get a clear understanding of the total cost before proceeding with treatment.
When will Daxxify be available at Park Aesthetics?
If you’re a patient of Park Aesthetics, you may be wondering when Daxxify will be available at the practice.
According to the latest information, Daxxify is expected to be widely available at aesthetic practices by Summer 2023. Park Aesthetics is planning to launch Daxxify to our patients as soon as we can, so stay tuned for updates on the availability of this treatment.
If you’re interested in receiving Daxxify injections, it’s a good idea to keep in touch with Park Aesthetics and check for updates on when the treatment will be offered. In the meantime, you can discuss your treatment options with a qualified provider at the practice to determine if Daxxify is the right treatment for you.
Stay tuned for updates on the availability of Daxxify at Park Aesthetics, and be sure to follow us on social media or sign up for our email newsletter to stay informed. We look forward to offering Daxxify to our patients soon!
December 29, 2022